Research Assistant - Environmental Filters
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Arcaea is a biology-first beauty company building a new ingredient toolset for the beauty and personal care industry. We are creating pioneering ingredients, products, and stories accessible uniquely through biology.
Our goal is to make biology the most desired technology in the products we use and this role will be critical for creating and testing novel materials for our Environmental Filters platform. The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm for biology and a passion for microbiology. This position is based in Corvallis, Oregon with our Environmental Filters team.
- Production, isolation and purification of gadusol and related sunscreen compounds
- Preparing microbiological media for the culturing of sunscreen-producing microorganisms, culturing the organisms, and purifying the sunscreen compounds from the culture using chromatographic methods, and standard analyses to assess purity and integrity
- Regular weekly meetings with the senior scientist will be held to discuss progress, problems and their resolution, and ideas to make process improvements.
- Responsible for routine lab maintenance that will involve keeping up-to-date laboratory records, ordering supplies, organizing inventory, cleaning and maintaining instrumentation and glassware.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years laboratory experience in chemistry or medicinal chemistry laboratory.
- The applicant must be familiar with different methods of purification of small organic molecules using common chromatographic methods e.g., ion exchange, size exclusion. Working experience using such methods is preferable.
- Salary range of $47,000-$52,000 based on experience level
We are committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all its practices. It is the policy of Arcaea to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.